I briefly considered heading out to Cherry Creek Reservoir today to take some pictures, have a walk, and hope some storms get going. There are a few along the foothills and the Cheyenne Ridge to the north. I can't believe all the convection about with dewpoints near 30ºF. Lapse rates must be pretty steep today. I suppose if anything persists around sunset, I might try and find a perch to shoot from, but there's not much but the heat of the sun driving things today. So, it looks like I'll probably hole up in my apartment and work on some image editing. I have 50+ lightning photos from last weekend that I haven't touched
Tomorrow, I plan to get up early and drive to Estes Park. I'm attending a wedding later on in the day (congratulations Jami!), but I'm certainly going to take advantage of the gas money! I want to hike to Bridal Veil Falls and take in the fall foliage along the way. Anyone interested can tag along, but I won't be able to give any rides back down into the metro area.
Chase forecast update 7 - for May 16
4 days ago